My name is Peter Davies. I set up Dream Guitar Services in London in 1989 and moved the business to Northamptonshire in 1990.
What I do
Offer a quality service to pro, semi-pro and hobby musicians in maintaining, repairing and setting up stringed instruments, particularly electric and acoustic guitars, basses, mandolins & ukuleles. I have also built guitars to order, but due to high demand for other services, I no longer take on guitar-building consignments. The majority of my work comes by recommendation.
To listen and find out exactly how you would like your instrument to be, offer advice if required and exceed your expectations. “Plays like a dream” is the aim.
History and qualifications
- 1982: Completed G.L.C. Stringed Instrument Building Course
- 1985 – 1989: Apprenticeships: building high-end basses with Goodfellow Guitars, then setting up, restoring & maintaining the stock of Harris Hire, Specialist Vintage Guitar and Backline Hire to top names, tours & TV shows inc. Top of the Pops & Jools Holland
- 1989: Built 2/3 scale replica Brian May & John Deacon guitars for Queen video ‘the Miracle’
- 1993: Consultant to Monika Dannemann over care, maintenance & security of Jimi Hendrix ‘Black Beauty’ Stratocaster
- 1993 – 1995: Consultant to set up Factory Production of Patrick Eggle Guitars, Coventry
- 1994: Guitar Tech to Joan Armatrading Tour, Miami, USA
- Colaboration on ‘the Inner World of Jimi Hendrix’, Monika Dannemann, 1995
- Material Contributed to ‘Until We Meet Again: The Last Days of Jimi Hendrix’, Caesar Glebbeek / Univibes, 2011